GMIC and the global sustainability community demonstrate leadership and sustainability in action. Here you will find excerpts of green meeting and green supplier award winners, as well as profiles of global leaders integrating sustainability into their organizations and events. Visit these links will take them to more information about presentations, award winners and speakers at each event. Members have full access to event case studies, past conference presentations and programs.
IMEX America - Sustainability Hub Sessions by GMIC
GMIC Powered Sustainability Hub at IMEX-Frankfurt and IMEX-America. This resource collection includes sustainability education presentations slides and interviews by international sustainability professionals.
In this session we'll explore how meetings and events can act as conservers of natural and financial resources, how they can create positive change through community service, and act as catalysts by inspiring future positive behaviours.
1) Learn about easy and cost saving sustainable event practices
2) Learn about best practices for community service projects
3) Learn how to inspire sustainable behaviour by stakeholders including suppliers and participants
Consumers are driving companies to environmental and social responsibility, which will become even more important in the effort to retain customers in the next five to 10 years. But what does this mean for you and your business? In this session, well explore MPI's research into CSR conducted by the International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality at Leeds Metropolitan University and understand its benefits and barriers.
1) Discover ways to integrate CSR in your meetings and events
What shade of sustainability are you now, what shade do you aspire to become? Discover how IMEX altered their shade of green thru their case study. Come prepared to explore where you are and where you what to be.
Learn from a real world case study how sustainability at events can bring your brand values alive, enhance the event experience and deliver value for your business. Discover how Symantec focused on the responsible implementation of their leading EMEA customer event Vision 2012 in Barcelona with a focus on waste, merchandising, food & beverage, accommodation, community outreach and communication.
1) Learn how to leverage your brand's CR values and overcome barriers
2) Take away practical experience of the do's and don'ts at large scale corporate events
3) Understand how a structured approach and integration of sustainability in every step leads to success
Focus on the concept of Meetovation and how sustainability is an important and integrated part of planning meetings with a higher return on investment. With Meetovation as a framework I will aim to prove the business case of sustainability in meetings and events.
Using International frameworks ISO 20121 and GRI EOSS to derive business benefits from the implementation of sustainability - examples of how this works in practise and achievements using case study examples
1) Understand context of ISO 20121 and GRI EOSS
2) Appreciate business benefits of implementing sustainability
3) Hear from other case study examples of best practise