GMIC Sustainable Meetings Foundation Fundraising Challenge
If you knew you could make a difference
for the future sustainability of the global meetings industry AND write the donation off on your taxes, would you? Of course
you would, and you can…by donating to the GMIC Sustainable Meetings Foundation.
The Foundation was set up by the Green Meetings Industry Council to fund education and research to help build a more sustainable meetings and events industry. The Foundation has 501(c)3 charitable status under the U.S. tax code, and is actively raising funds to support:
- Training and education programs to help meeting and event professionals take action on the new sustainable meeting standards
- A student blog contest to raise awareness of sustainable meeting practices and social media profile for the next generation of practitioners
- An industry thought leaders’ forum to explore the impact of sustainable meeting practices through 2015
To make these projects a reality, we need your help. As 2014 comes to a close, your tax deductible contribution is critical to the Foundation’s ability to begin delivering the resources that will help you make your day-to-day practice more sustainable.
PLEASE DONATE TODAY and make a difference in your industry! The individual member and GMIC chapter that make the largest donations will be acknowledged at the 2015 Sustainable Meetings Conference that will be held June 17-19 in Atlanta.
Looking for Corporate Gift Ideas?
Consider making a donation to the GMIC Sustainable Meetings Foundation. We can provide you with a special logo indicating that you have grow a sustainable meetings industry.
- Seed: $25 - $49
- Sunflower: $50 - $250
- Aspen: GMIC Chapter Gift, any amount
- Sequoia: Business Gift of $1,000 - $2,499
- Red Wood: Corporate Gift of $2,500 or higher
Make Your Donation Today!
The GMIC Sustainable Meetings Foundation (GSMF) defines its mission as:
advancing sustainable practices through education, innovation, and research.
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, the Foundation accepts and solicits donations for projects that:
- Deliver sustainable meetings education and certification to meeting planners, venues, destinations, and other suppliers that want to make their practices more sustainable
- Build wider momentum for and interest in sustainable events
- Support research to build better understanding of the path to a fully sustainable meetings industry